Saturday, July 24, 2010

grubs & soju. korean specialities.

We went out for some drinks and a bite to eat one night after work. This is Carrie, another teacher at my school. She is lovely!

Joey and Stella, the directors of my Hogwan. They introduced me to bandegi...which are silk worm cacoons. They also introduced me to soju (a very strong liquor which tastes very much like rubbing alcohol!) I'm told its an acquired taste. yuck!
Here they are. yummmmm. They actually have a really good flavor. I might venture to eat them again, but for now, one was enough!


4 comments:

  1. Carlita! I love reading all of your posts, and I love all of the pictures! Not gonna lie, it looks like you've pretty much got it made. Glad to see you're making new friends--although obviously who wouldn't love ya ;) Food looks amazing, kids are so cute, country is awesome--write more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carl! I just got your comment on my post, and I so enjoy reading your blog too. And I am def ready to ride on the moto with Mario, ha ha :). I'm praying that your time in Korea continues to be challenging and joy-filled. Abrazos!
    ps. I'm really struggling to post this comment, so it might appear like five times :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Daniela...i do LOVE it here. I feel quite blessed. though, sometimes i wish i had a gang of 11 other wonderful human beings that could adventure with me. you know who i mean. its just not the same doing this by my lonesome. good in different ways. :) Elise! so glad that we are blog buddies. yay! i can't wait to hear more...am praying for your transition. love!

    ReplyDelete