Monday, August 23, 2010

Cheryl Lynn


1998..the same year she died.

Today (well, yesterday in korea--today in the states) is the 12 year anniversary since my mom died. Hard to believe its been so long. I have been thinking a lot about her...and about all that has happened since she left this world. This summer as I was getting ready to move to Korea, I did a whole lot of packing and sorting and getting rid of. It was a very emotional process. As I rummaged through boxes I rummaged through my memories. Memories from different phases of life. Looking at pictures, old dolls, notes, memorabilia, souvenirs brought me back to places i hadn't thought about in a long time. I stumbled across some things of my moms. Wedding pictures. Notes. Cards. Her diary. The funeral program. Letters that people wrote us after she died. I was reminded that I will always miss her. Even after years and years go by. I will always remember her. I remember her laugh...she was kind of known for her laugh. It was LOUD. And full of joy! And she always found ways to laugh at things that others might find annoying or menacing. During one of her chemo sessions when she was completely bald, my little brother Jon (who was 7 at the time) said, "mom, you look like an alien. i'm sorry you look like that." She just laughed. I am sure she is still laughing in heaven...filled with more joy than she ever had in this life. I can't wait to meet her again. Life is but a breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment